How to get the deal
Important Information for Borges California Walnuts 90g
To be used as snack and in dishes.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
A Healthy snack for all.
From the Manufacturer
Akhrot Ka Raita (Walnuts DIP)
|Chopped Walnuts (coarsely)||1/3 cup|
|Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Crushed Red Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Grapes (seedless, thinly sliced)||12 no|
Combine Yogurt, Chopped Walnuts, Sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cumin and pepper. Garnish with grape slices. Cover and chill 20 minutes. Serve cold
Vegetable Seekh Kebab
|Grated Khoya/Mawa (Milk Solid)||1/2 cup|
|Caraway Seeds (Shahi Jeera)||1 teaspoon|
|Grated Carrots||2 medium|
|Salt to taste|
|Garlic Paste||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Ginger Paste||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Raw Bananas||4 no (boiled, peeled and mashed)|
|Potatoes, boiled||2 medium (peeled and mashed)|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||2 tablespoons|
|Crushed Green Chilli||1 tablespoon|
|Chaat Masala||1 teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Gram Flour (Besan)||1/4 cup|
|Cashewnut Powder||1 cup|
|Bread Crumbs||1/2 cup|
- Chop French beans. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan.
- Grind together walnuts, paneer and khoya (Milk Solids).
- Add caraway seeds to the pan and sauté. Add french beans, carrots and salt and mix well.
- Cook till extra moisture dries up. Add garlic paste, ginger paste and sauté for ½ minute.
- Add raw bananas, potatoes and coriander leaves to the walnut mixture and grind till well blended. Cool the sautéed French beans and carrots, add to the above mixture, and grind again.
- Add green chilli, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, garam masala powder and grind again.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and let the mixture cool completely.
- Roast gram flour in another non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes. Add to the vegetable mixture in the bowl.
- Add cashewnut powder and breadcrumbs and mix everything well.
- Keep the bowl in a refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Grease your palms and shape each portion into finger-sized sausages with the help of satay stick.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and cook the kebabs, turning the sides a few times, till they are evenly cooked all around. Serve hot.
Chicken Kofta in California Walnut Gravy
|Garam Masala Powder pinch of Calfornia Walnut||1/2 cup|
|Chicken Stock||4 cup|
|Green Cardamoms||2 no|
|Fresh Cream||2 tblsp|
|Garlic Paste||1 tblsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tblsp|
|Salt to taste|
|Green Chilies||4 no|
|Red Chili Powder||1tsp|
|Medium Onion||2 no|
- Combine chicken mince, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, divide into equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Bring chicken stock to boil, crush green cardamoms and mix in to chicken stock.
- Add chicken balls to boiling stock, lower the heat and continue to stir fry until chicken balls are cooked and stock has almost evaporated. Keep aside.
- Wash and cut green chilies.
- Boil California walnuts and onions, and then grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in another pan, add boiled onion paste and stir fry until oil begins to separate.
- Add ginger, garlic paste, and cut green chilies and stir fry for a moment.
- Mix in tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Add California walnut paste and stir to mix well.
- Lower the heat, add fresh cream, stirring continuously.
- Add koftas and bring to a boil, simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, adjust salt.
- Serve hot.
California Walnut Halwa
|California Walnut||250 gms|
|Milk Powder||120 gms|
|Grated Khoya/Mawa (milk solids)||100 gms|
|Green Cardamom Powder||0.5 tsp|
|California Walnut Kernels for garnishing|
- Crush California walnuts coarsely. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add crushed walnuts and saute till fragrant.
- Add milk solids and milk powder, mix well and continue to saute.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add green cardamom powder and sugar and mix well and cook on medium heat till the mixture thickens to halwa (thick) consistency.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with walnut kernels.